August 8, 2022
Dear Teachers and Students,
We would like to invite you to participate in the 57th Space Coast Art Festival’s Student Art Show. Each year the students of Brevard County have demonstrated to area residents and visitors the awesome talent they have. We expect this year’s Student Art Show will be one of the best and biggest ever.
The venue for this year’s show is the Avenues at Viera. The show runs from Saturday, October 15th, through Sunday, October 16th. We will be doing a few things different this year. Teachers/students will still need to bring and set up their displays on Saturday starting at 9:00 am. It might be beneficial to you to mat and shrink wrap your pieces to save the artwork in case of inclement weather, which is not required, just suggested. We will leave the artwork on display so more people can see it and then be picked up Sunday afternoon at 4:00. Students will not be required to be with their work at the time of judging. This way we are hoping to get more students involved and let the public enjoy the artwork longer. Teachers, students, or parents will be required to sign in the artwork and sign it out at the end of the show.
We are looking forward to a fun day with Brevard’s best student artists again this year. If you have any question, suggestions, or problems please don’t hesitate to contact me.
SCAF Student Art Show Director
- Work can be any two-dimensional work (painting, drawing, photography, mixed media, etc.) that is no smaller than 8 ½ inches by 11 inches and not larger than 11 by 17. Digital Design Graphics must be your original work. (not a copy of published art/illustrations) You can hand draw, paint, or design your art on a computer. (no clip art)
- All work must be unpublished, signed, original art done in 2021-2022 by a Brevard K-12 Public, Private, or Home School student artist. Include the words 2022 Space Coast Art Festival or 2022 SCAF, and the 57th contest in the art.
- Include full name, age, telephone number, complete address, email address, school, grade, art teacher, and send with the artwork.
- Applicant may submit a maximum of two original pieces of work.
- Special consideration will be given to artwork that is particularly representative of the Space Coast. (i.e., beach, port, space center)
- One winner selected for each age group: K-6, 7-8, 9-12. Winner receives $150 and winning classroom wins $500.
- No sale or reproduction of selected work by artist shall occur until after the 2022 festival without the written approval of SCAF.
- Deadline for submission: All work must be received no later than May 1, 2022. Send entries to Anna Marie Zink.
- Submitted artwork will be returned to the teachers via courier.
321-794-6618 Cindy Woznicki
P.S. The Space Coast Art Show is at the Avenue of Viera again. The dates are October 15-16 so put that on your calendars. Hope to see you there.
Download PDF Submission Instructions and Rules Below
The Space Coast Art Festival offers a few ways for students to get involved in the Arts. The Student Art Show is held during the Space Coast Art Festival and is a chance for young artists to submit their artwork for cash prizes in a variety of divisions. For more information, or contact our office at (321) 784-3322 or firstname.lastname@example.org
2022 T-Shirt Design Contest Winners
Elementary: Alexandria Ginwright (Golfview Elementary)
Middle School: Brooke Hess (Holy Trinity Episcopal Academy)
High School and Grand Winner: Haley Anderson (West Shore Jr./Sr. High School)
The Grand Winner’s design will be featured on the 2022 Volunteer T-Shirt
2020 T-Shirt Design Contest Winners
Elementary: Josiah Cerve, Homeschool
Middle School: Catherin McCarthy, Holy Trinity Episcopal Academy
High School and Grand Winner: Kaitlyn Sollberger, Edgewood Jr/Sr School
The Grand Winner’s design will be featured on the 2021 Volunteer T-Shirt
2019 Student Art Winners
Thanks to all students who participated in 2019!
Below, you’ll find the results of the 2019 Student Art Show.
|Honorable Mention||Chevy Kennedy||Westside|
|3rd||Justin Cole||Holy Trinity|
|Honorable Mention||Lauren Harris||Holy Trinity|
|Honorable Mention||Rhea Cho||Holy Trinity|
|1st||Seth Tracy||Holy Trinity|
|2nd||Kevin Platt||Holy Trinity|
|Honorable Mention||Julia Amorde||Westshore|
|Honorable Mention||Channen Macom||Westshore|
Festival Photography: I understand that pictures of me taken throughout this event may be used in any form of media for future advertisements to promote the Space Coast Art Festival. As a participant in the show, I consent to this use.